Professional Cosmetic Dentistry at Dental Arts on Essex
You Can Love Your Smile AgainUnfortunately, tooth flaws like chips, stains, cracks and gaps are often the first things people notice about your mouth. That’s why we’re proud to offer state-of-the-art cosmetic dentistry near you in Peabody, MA. No matter who you are, you deserve to like what you see when you smile! Whether we resolve flaws with porcelain veneers or remove stains with teeth whitening, the restoration dentists at Dental Arts on Essex can help take your teeth to the next level. You’re in the best hands with our cosmetic dentistry experts! After you complete your treatment, we know that you’ll be amazed by the new smile that you see in your reflection. If it’s through minor adjustments or major changes, cosmetic dentistry aims to help people feel good about the way their teeth look. There are many procedures that can improve your teeth and correct issues such as discoloration, chips, gaps, or irregularities. Common cosmetic dentistry options include bonding, veneers, bleaching, reshaping, and crowns. In addition to cosmetic improvements, these procedures can help solve other oral problems as well. These procedures vary in cost, complexity, and results. It is important to discuss your options with your dentist to determine the best procedure for you. The condition of your teeth is a major factor in finding a treatment, and the same technique that worked for someone else may not be the right one for you. Gathering all the necessary information before a cosmetic procedure is critical to being happy with the results. In particular, you should find out what the changes will look like, what to expect during treatment, and what kind of upkeep is required afterward. You should also ask to see before and after pictures to ensure your expectations are realistic.
Professional WhiteningIf you’ve been thinking of brightening up your smile, we have several cosmetic dentistry options for you! Dental Arts on Essex offers both in-office and take-home whitening options, as well as whitening “packages”. All whitening options require a dental examination and cleaning visit with us, prior to getting started. ZOOM In-Office Professional Whitening
- 1.5-2 hours
- Great for patients who prefer to lighten their smile a single sitting, instead of keeping up with it at home. Great for yellow teeth and patients who would like to achieve bold results!
- In preparation for ZOOM whitening, we recommend that you use Sensodyne sensitivity toothpaste for 1-2 weeks prior to your whitening appointment. Double check to make sure your toothpaste does not contain stannous fluoride, as some research studies have shown this ingredient to prevent teeth from whitening during your procedure. Tooth sensitivity is a common short-term symptom after teeth whitening.
- When you arrive for your visit, you will be prepared for the whitening treatment by covering all of the soft tissues and gum tissues in the mouth so that only your teeth are exposed. Next, a hydrogen peroxide gel will be applied to the teeth in 15-minute increments, washed away, and re-applied. You will sit comfortably under a blue activation light during the process. Typically, after 3-4 intervals, our patients achieve their desired whitening results. With in-office ZOOM whitening, you may lift between 3-8 shades on the shade guide!
- Your gorgeous, sparking smile will deserve some photos! We will also review what foods & drinks are off-the-table temporarily. Don’t worry, it won’t be too long!
- Even for patients who are not usually sensitive, it is completely normal to have some short-lived sensitivity. Because of this, we will apply a special relief gel after your cosmetic dentistry appointment and we recommend you continue with the Sensodyne toothpaste for the next couple of days.
- 30-40 minutes
- Great for on-the-go patients who find it difficult to take a few hours out of their day to come to our office for cosmetic dentistry.
- Also great for stubborn grey-ish shades and for our more sensitivity-prone patients!
- You will arrive for a quick appointment, during which we will take upper and lower impressions of your teeth to create molds. We will then use these molds to fabricate perfectly-custom-fitted trays that you will use for the whitening at home.
- You will place a small amount of the whitening gel in your trays at home and wear them for 30 minutes every day until you are happy with your result. Usually this takes 1-2 weeks. We will review everything you need to know at your visit as well!
Porcelain Veneers and Bonding
Unhappy with the look of your smile? Porcelain veneers and composite bonding can transform the shape, color, length, and width of your teeth. We can make you feel amazing inside and out!
Consultations are required for all porcelain veneer and bonding treatments. During your consultation, we will chat about what you dislike about your smile and how you envision a new smile changing your life! Whether this means a full smile makeover or simple whitening treatments, we’ll find the perfect solution for your smile.
Come to Dental Arts on Essex to Achieve Your Aesthetic Smile Goals
If you are considering cosmetic dentistry, contact us today to discuss your options. We’re looking forward to seeing you at our practice.